S&S Declarations Departure Information
The UK requires information in the form of an exit summary declaration (EXS) in order to risk assess all consignments exiting the UK. Generally this declaration is included in the NES export entry, however there are a few scenarios where a separate EXS is required:
- When exports are not covered by a full customs export declaration
- Goods have remained in temporary storage for more than 14 days
The responsibility for the declaration is with the carrier, however this requirement can be passed on to another business.
Our team, who are experienced in completion of all customs declarations, can create these on your behalf for freight movements from the UK.
The timeframes for EXS completion are as follows:
- Deep sea (containers): 24 hours before loading
- Short sea (containers): 2 hours before leaving port of departure
- Airfreight: 30 mins before leaving port of departure
- Rail: 1 hours before leaving territory of the UK
- Road: 1 hour before departure