S&S Declarations Pre-Arrival Information
The UK requires pre-arrival information in the form of an entry summary declaration (ENS) in order to risk assess all consignments entering or exiting the UK.
This is completed in a system called the Import Control System (ICS) which is separate form CHIEF.
- Imports from outside the EU: S&S declarations are required now
- Imports from the EU: S&S declarations will be required from 1st January 2021
The responsibility for the declaration is with the carrier, however this requirement can be passed on to another business.
Our team, who are experienced in completion of all customs declarations, can create these on your behalf for freight movements from the EU to the UK.
The timeframes involved are as follows:
- Deep sea (containers): 24 hours before loading at the port of departure
- Maritime bulk & break bulk: 4 hours before arrival in the UK
- Short sea: 2 hours before arrival in the UK
- Short haul flights: by the time of take off
- Long haul flights: 4 hours before arrival in the UK
- Rail: 2 hours before arrival in the UK
- Road: 1 hour before arrival in the UK